lies on the southeast coast of Unga Island, in the Shumagin Islands of
the Aleutian Chain. It lies at approximately 55░ 11' N Latitude, 160░
30' W Longitude (Sec. 03, T058S, R074W, Seward Meridian). The community
is located in the Aleutian Islands Recording District. The area
encompasses 0 sq. miles of land and 0 sq. miles of water.
It was an Aleut village first reported
as "Delarov" in 1833, with a population of 116, and then as "Ougnagok"
in 1836. The "Ounga" post office was established in 1888, and changed
its name to Unga in 1894. The post office closed in 1958.