Creek lies 46 miles northwest of Willow off the George Parks Highway in
the Mat-Su Borough. It lies at approximately 61░ 51' N Latitude, 150░
22' W Longitude . The community is located in the Talkeetna Recording
District. The area encompasses 216 sq. miles of land and 3 sq. miles of
Miners built the Petersville Road in
the 1920s and federal homesteading began here in 1948. It is a local
name, first reported in 1958 by the U.S. Geological Survey. The Parks
Highway opened as far as Trapper Creek in 1967.