is located on the northeast shore of Tatitlek Narrows, on the Alaska
Mainland in Prince William Sound. It lies 30 miles east of Valdez by sea
near Bligh Island, and 30 air miles northwest of Cordova. It lies at
approximately 60░ 52' N Latitude, 146░ 41' W Longitude (Sec. 32, T011S,
R008W, Copper River Meridian). The community is located in the Valdez
Recording District. The area encompasses 6 sq. miles of land and 3 sq.
miles of water.
It is an Alutiiq village first reported
in the 1880 U.S. Census as "Tatikhlek," with a population of 73. The
present spelling was published in 1910 by the U.S. Geological Survey,
who wrote that the village originally stood at the head of Gladhaugh
Bay, but was moved to its present site. A post office was established in