lies on the south bank of the Skwentna River at its junction with Eight
Mile Creek, 62 miles north of Tyonek in the Mat-Su Borough. It lies at
approximately 61░ 57' N Latitude, 151░ 10' W Longitude (Sec. 29, T022N,
R010W, Seward Meridian). The community is located in the Anchorage
Recording District. The area encompasses 399 sq. miles of land and 7 sq.
miles of water.
The local name was derived from the
river, and was first published in 1954 by the U.S. Geological Survey. A
post office was opened in 1937.