Point is located near the junction of the Yukon and Andreafsky Rivers, 5
miles northwest of St. Mary's on the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta. It lies 3
miles by road from the St. Mary's airport. It lies at approximately 62░
02' N Latitude, 163░ 17' W Longitude (Sec. 06, T022N, R076W, Seward
Meridian). The community is located in the Bethel Recording District.
The area encompasses 1 sq. miles of land and 2 sq. miles of water.
Eskimos who first settled there called
it "Nigiklik," a Yup'ik word meaning "to the north." It was first
reported in 1898 by the U.S. Geological Survey. The village was later
renamed for a trader who opened a general store which was a branch of
Northern Commercial Company.