Return to Home 
Research Center Directory 
 



 

 

 

Neltushkin
 

 Tlingit Indian village reported as "Neltuschk-an," meaning "town on outside of point," in 1885 by Aurel Krause. It was called "Scutskon" by Ivan Petroff in the 10th Census in 1880. In 1880 the population was 246, "but subsequently they moved to Killisnoo" (Hodge, 1910, p. 11). The Bureau of American Ethnology (BAE) recorded the name as "Naltuck-an." Located on N shore of Whitewater Bay, on W coast of Admiralty Island.

 

 



 


ęCopyright 2014 Alaska Trails to the Past All Rights Reserved
For more information contact the Webmistress