is located on the east bank of the Kuskokwim River, along the Napaskiak
Slough, 7 miles southeast of Bethel. It lies at approximately 60░ 42' N
Latitude, 161░ 54' W Longitude (Sec. 08, T007N, R071W, Seward Meridian).
The community is located in the Bethel Recording District. The area
encompasses 4 sq. miles of land and 0 sq. miles of water.
The area has historically been occupied
by Yup'ik Eskimos. Napaskiak was first reported by the U.S. Coast &
Geodetic Survey in 1867. The 1880 U.S. Census reported a population of
196. By 1890, the numbers had dropped to 97, and were as low as 67 in