is located on the north bank of the Kuskokwim River, 28 miles east of
Aniak in the Kilbuck-Kuskokwim Mountains. It lies at approximately 61░
32' N Latitude, 158░ 41' W Longitude (Sec. 27, T017N, R052W, Seward
Meridian). The community is located in the Kuskokwim Recording District.
The area encompasses 44 sq. miles of land and 3 sq. miles of water.
Napaimute means "forest people," and
was once called "Hoffman's." In 1906, George W. Hoffman, an Englishman,
established a trading post at the site. A community of non-Native
trappers and miners, with a significant number of Eskimos, developed
around the trading post. Hoffman built a territorial school in 1920. A
second school was established in 1926. By the early 1950s, most
residents had moved to nearby villages, many to Aniak. Today, it is used
as a summer fish camp.