settlement is on the shore of Mosquito Lake, on the southwest side of
the Chilkat River, 25 miles west of Skagway in the Haines Borough. It
lies at approximately 59░ 28' N Latitude, 136░ 01' W Longitude . The
community is located in the Haines Recording District. The area
encompasses 116 sq. miles of land and 0 sq. miles of water.
The local name was first reported by
the U.S. Geological Survey in 1952. It was called "Kuhnteah" by the
Chilkats. A road was constructed to the lake in 1951 for recreational