community is located along Meadow Lakes, a 10-mile long lake between the
Little Susitna River and the Alaska Railroad, 5 miles northwest of
Wasilla off of the George Parks Highway. It lies at approximately 61░
37' N Latitude, 149░ 38' W Longitude. The community is located in the
Palmer Recording District. The area encompasses 54 sq. miles of land and
3 sq. miles of water.
The local name was first reported in
1942 by AMS. The area was settled after a Department of Natural
Resources land disposal.