Return to Home 
Research Center Directory 





 Gold was discovered on July 24, 1914, on Livengood Creek by N.R. Hudson and Jay Livengood.

The village was founded near the Hudson/ Livengood claim as a mining camp during the winter of 1914-15, when hundreds of people came into the district.

A post office was established in 1915 and was discontinued in 1957.

A construction camp was located near Livengood during the construction of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline.




ęCopyright 2014 Alaska Trails to the Past All Rights Reserved
For more information contact the Webmistress