Village is located on the south bank of the Stony River, 50 miles
southeast of its junction with the Kuskokwim River. The village is 111
air miles south of McGrath, 137 miles east of Aniak, and 185 miles west
of Anchorage. It lies at approximately 61░ 21' N Latitude, 155░ 28' W
Longitude (Sec. 30, T015N, R034W, Seward Meridian). The community is
located in the Kuskokwim Recording District. The area encompasses 53 sq.
miles of land and 0 sq. miles of water.
Lime Village was named for the nearby
limestone hills. The earliest recorded settlement was in 1907, when
Paul, Evan and Zacar Constantinoff were year-round residents. People
from nearby Lake Clark used the area for a summer fish camp. The 1939
U.S. Census called the settlement "Hungry Village." A Russian Orthodox
chapel, Saints Constantine and Helen, was built in 1960. A state school
was constructed in 1974.