is on the western shore of Kuskokwim Bay near the mouth of the Kuskokwim
River. It lies 77 miles southwest of Bethel and 388 miles west of
Anchorage. The village of Kongiganak is nearby. It lies at approximately
59░ 51' N Latitude, 163░ 08' W Longitude (Sec. 01, T004S, R081W, Seward
Meridian). The community is located in the Bethel Recording District.
The area encompasses 16 sq. miles of land and 5 sq. miles of water.
The area has long been occupied by the
Yup'ik Eskimos. The first record of the village was in 1927 on an Alaska
map, when it was noted as "Quillingok." A Moravian Church was
established around 1920.