is located on the left bank of the Nushagak River, and lies 65 miles
northeast of Dillingham. It lies at approximately 59░ 48' N Latitude,
157░ 25' W Longitude (Sec. 21, T005S, R047W, Seward Meridian). The
community is located in the Bristol Bay Recording District. The area
encompasses 97 sq. miles of land and 0 sq. miles of water.
It is an Eskimo village first listed in
the 1880 Census as "Kalignak." The name is local, recorded by the U.S.
Geological Survey in 1930. Since that time, the village has moved four
miles downstream from the original site.