is located on the east shore of Cook Inlet on the Kenai Peninsula. It
lies on the Sterling Highway, 12 miles south of the City of Kenai. It
lies at approximately 60░ 23' N Latitude, 151░ 17' W Longitude (Sec. 24,
T003N, R012W, Seward Meridian). The community is located in the Kenai
Recording District. The area encompasses 11 sq. miles of land and 1 sq.
miles of water.
Kasilof was an agricultural settlement
of Kenaitze Indians, which grew around a stockade built by the Russian
Kolomin of the Lebedef-Lastochkin Company. A partial excavation of the
area in 1937 found 31 well-preserved houses.