lies on the south bank of the Eek River, 12 miles east of the mouth of
the Kuskokwim River. It is 35 air miles south of Bethel in the
Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta, and 420 miles west of Anchorage. It lies at
approximately 60░ 13' N Latitude, 162░ 01' W Longitude (Sec. 31, T002N,
R073W, Seward Meridian). The community is located in the Bethel
Recording District. The area encompasses 1 sq. miles of land and 0 sq.
miles of water.
The village was originally located on
the Apokok River, and moved to its present location in the 1930s.
Constant flooding and erosion forced a relocation. A BIA school and a
Moravian Church were constructed at the new site. A post office was
established in 1949.