is located on the east bank of the Susitna River, 9 miles north of
Talkeetna in the Mat-Su Borough. It lies at approximately 62░ 27' N
Latitude, 150░ 06' W Longitude . The community is located in the
Talkeetna Recording District. The area encompasses 36 sq. miles of land
and 1 sq. miles of water.
The community was first named in 1922
as a railroad station at mile 236.2 of the Alaska Railroad.